A detail oriented professional, managing shipping and receiving.
A shipping/receiving clerk works in out warehouse and is responsible for tracking inventory levels, handling all aspects of shipping and receiving, and keeping accurate records. They package items, print labels, weigh packages and determine appropriate postage. They are also responsible for comparing bills of lading against actual merchandise received, inspecting for damaged goods and, once approved, distributing merchandise to the correct departments.
- Detail oriented.
- Basic computer skills.
- Self motivated individual who can stay on task without direct supervision.
- May operate forklift, hand truck or other equipment to load, unload, transport and store goods.
- Knows safe storage and handling procedures for various chemicals and materials
- Knows proper shipping procedures for transportation of dangerous goods
- Determines method of shipment and prepares bills, invoices and other shipping documents.
- Receives merchandise.
- Unpacks and routes goods to appropriate locations.
- Handles customer pick-ups.
- Maintains internal record-keeping systems.
- Packs goods to be shipped and prepares identifying information and shipping instructions
- Takes inventory, maintains storage area, organizes and places stock on shelves.
- Health Insurance
- Simple IRA
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
Pay according to experience.
If you are interested this position, please fill out the application by clicking the link below. Click Submit when you have completed the application and we will respond notifying you of its delivery. Expect to hear something back within 1-2 weeks. You are always welcome to come by our facility and drop the information off in person. If you have any questions, please contact us.