The following section consists of information associated with the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC). Select any of the following conditions that may apply to you.
An individual who is a member of a family receiving assistance under a state plan approved under Part A of Title IV of the Social Security Act relating to Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF). The assistance must be received for any 9-month period during the 18-month period ending on the hiring date.
Veteran A "qualified veteran" is a veteran who is any of the following:
- A member of a family receiving assistance under the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) (food stamps) for at least 3 months during the first year of employment.
- Unemployed for a period totaling at least 4 weeks (whether or not consecutive) but less than 6 months in the 1-year period ending on the hiring date.
- Unemployed for a period totaling at least 6 months (whether or not consecutive) in the 1-year period ending on the hiring date.
- A disabled veteran entitled to compensation for a service-connected disability hired not more that one year after being discharged or released from active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces.
- A disabled veteran entitled to compensation for a service-connected disability who is unemployed for a period totaling at least six months (whether or not consecutive) in the one-year period ending on the hiring date. See IRS Notice 2012-13 (PDF) for more detailed information.
Ex-Felon A "qualified ex-felon" is a person hired within a year of:
- Being convicted of a felony OR
- Being released from prison from the felony
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Recipient A "qualified SNAP benefits recipient" is an individual who on the date of hire is:
- At least 18 years old and under 40, AND
- A member of a family that received SNAP benefits for:
- the previous 6 months OR
- at least 3 of the previous 5 months
Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Recipient
An individual is a "qualified SSI recipient" if a month for which this person received SSI benefits is within 60 days of the date this person is hired.
Long Term Family Assistance Recipient A "long term family recipient" is an individual who at the time of hiring is a member of a family that meets one of the following conditions:
- Received assistance under the IV-A program for a minimum of the prior 18 consecutive months; OR
- Received assistance for 18 months beginning after 8/5/1997 and it has not been more than 2 years since the end of the earliest of such 18-month period; OR
- Ceased to be eligible for such assistance because a Federal or State Law limited the maximum time those payments could be made and it has not been more than 2 years since the cessation.
Casco Signs Terms of Employment I hereby authorize Casco Signs Inc. to investigate my background, employment records, education, and other matters related to my suitability for employment and I release all persons, schools, employers, and organizations of any and all claims for providing such information. I understand that filling out this application does not necessarily indicate that there is a position open nor does it obligate Casco Signs Inc. to hire me. I certify that the facts set forth in this application for employment are true and complete to the best of my knowledge and I understand that nothing in this application or conveyed during any interview (if granted) is intended to create the promise of employment or any contractual rights. I understand that if I am employed, false statements or any omissions on this application shall be considered sufficient cause for dismissal regardless of the time elapsed before discovery. I also understand that if hired, I will be an employee at will and that my employment can be terminated at any time without cause. I understand that Casco Signs Inc. is a drug-free work environment. I accept that my employment would be subject to acceptable results of drug screening by Casco Signs Inc. at the location of their choice. I understand that if hired, I will be responsible for maintaining all company assets while in my possession and may be required to repair or replace assets that are lost, stolen, or damaged while in my possession. I understand that making false statements about my work and associated materials (time cards, etc.) may result in termination. I further understand that it is my responsibility to maintain a friendly working environment by remaining kind to all persons I come in contact with while employed by Casco Signs Inc.